Prizes and accolades aren’t just for the Championship shows, here at the Skye Terrier Club we run the successful Angela Harris Open Show Dog of the Year award open to all members. If you show your dog at a lot of local shows, why not download and print off a claim form and submit it to the Skye Terrier Club?
Points are awarded for all breed classes, including AVNSC, as follows. The scoring matrix has been expanded to now include points awarded for Puppy, Veteran and Vintage placings in group competition:
- 1st in class – 3 points
- 2nd in class – 2 points
- 3rd in class – 1 point
- Best of Breed or Best AVNSC, Best Puppy in Breed or Best AVNSC Puppy – 1 point
- Group 1, Puppy Group 1 – four points
- Group 2, Puppy Group 2 – three points
- Group 3, Puppy Group 3 – two points
- Group 4, Puppy Group 4 – 1 point
- Best in Show, Best Puppy in Show, Best Veteran or Vintage in Show – five points
- Reserve Best in Show, Reserve Best Puppy, Reserve Best Veteran or Vintage – three points
Points for each show accumulate, so a dog winning its class, Best of Breed, Group 1 and Best in show would win 3 + 1 + 4 + 5 = 13 points.
A puppy winning its class, Best Puppy in Breed, Best of Breed and Puppy Group 1 would win 3 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 9 points.
Simply fill in the claim form with details of your dog, the shows attended, classes competed in and the points earned per class and you could be in contention for the Open Show Dog of the Year Award.
Download the Angela Harris Open Show Dog of the Year claim form 2022 here.